Monday, August 17, 2009

AdidasKingoftheroad Marathon (020809)

"Hers & His"

For the 1st time, we ran the 11km run at the (AKOTR) marathon and was it an experience!
Knowing that I'd be slower compared to Tle's, I asked him to go ahead at his pace and I ran on my own amongst the hundreds/thousands other runners. It was quite a challenge as the path were slightly slope-y and had its up and downhill areas. Despite that, I ran, walked, ran again continuously and rather aimlessly cos' there wasn't any signages indicating the distance we had ran or would need to run to the finish line. However, it was probably good psychologically as it pushed me to run quicker and of course, I was anxiously looking for the slightest sight of the Shah Alam Stadium and was I ecstatic when I saw it. I've not been so happy to see something so much, I ran with all my might only to realise there was a distance to run some more, underground. Exhausted, I walked a lil' bit and continued running to the finish line (in the stadium).
At the finish line, I met up with Tle's and Toyboy and found out that I could have received a medal if I was about 10 mins earlier. Haha. What a bummer! Oh well, try again next time! =)
Some minutes later, Toygirl arrived, we had some milo to get our energy boosting and left for yummy BKT. What a fulfilling meal it was. And were we pumped out! What a run it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment